The fees for your time at Laluma Academy are made up of two components: Tuition and Toolkit
Hair Stylist Course Fee: $9,078, paid in installments:
- Months 1 - 6: A payment of $756.50 is due on or before the first Monday of each month
- Months 7-12: A lump sum of $4539.00 is due on or before the first Monday of month 7 - this is the final tuition payment
Professional Tool Kit (incl textbooks): $1921.00 (incl HST), due prior to your start date:
- A deposit of $565.00 is due upon acceptance to hold your position in the program
- The final payment of $1356.00 is due two months prior to your start date
Your Professional Tool Kit includes:
- Thinning Shears
- Styling Brushes
- Flat Iron
- Curling Iron
- Four Mannequin Heads
- Textbooks – Business and Technical
Like most private, specialized post-secondary education options, La Luma Academy does not offer on-site Residence options or accommodations for students. For those students who will require a living space in Guelph, consider the following when weighing rental options:
- Choose a location close enough to walk to and from La Luma.
- Choose a location that is on the city bus route.
- Choose any location, and purchase a City of Guelph parking pass
- Secure your accommodations early! As a University town, rental spaces are plentiful but do get filled up quite quickly.
La Luma Academy is RESP Certified:
Click on this link to view our Proof of Certification. As a La Luma Academy student, please refer to the linked document as proof of certification for tuition and education tax credits, and to use your RESPs to fund tuition costs.
Looking for other ways of funding your education?
Second Chance is a program funded by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities and is designed to provide skills training to individuals who are unemployed and have received a layoff. Second Chance staff will take the time to discuss your personal situation, and assess your eligibility and suitability for this program.